Friday, March 22, 2013

*Free* Easter Dish Towels/Tea Towels Applique and Stitchery Pattern

I always put a little Easter basket together for my mother.  "Always" meaning every year for the last 15 years.  Which means new ideas are hard to come up with, but she loves cute dish towels, so I thought I'd make a couple up for the bottom of her basket.  But, I'm not going to lie, I seriously debated leaving them hanging over my oven.  She would have never known.


meags and me free tea towel Easter applique and embroidery pattern
Cute right?

But anyway, these are pretty simple.  They only took a couple hours to finish both.  I used some light heat-n-bond and button-holed stitched around the whole thing.  Hand-stitched, even, but that was only because I am a TV junkie. 

As far as the embroidery- everything is backstitched, except the petals and leaves on the chick picture (lazy-daisies) and the eyes (french knots).

meags and me free tea towel Easter applique and embroidery pattern

And they were the perfect addition to her basket! Happy (early) Easter!

meags and me free tea towel Easter applique and embroidery pattern


3 comments:

  1. SUPER CUTE! Thanks for sharing!
    Kaylynn
    AmongTheYoung.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very informative post, I never heard of the term embroidery before this post, and thanks to you, I learned yet again from this site. I have now Favorited as my homepage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! I've also been trying to figure out how to use designs around applique. My favorite quilts are pieced with applique in borders, or in blocks, so this is something I really need to master.

    ReplyDelete

We love reading your comments!