Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Sewing like crazy. For birthdays. Of all things......

My daughter just turned one! I can't believe how fast this year has gone.  Kids grow up way too fast for my liking.
This picture sums up my children.   I love it.

Since she's my first/only girl, I went proverbial crazy with the sewing.  I never do a lot, but I should do more! I love it!

At market this past spring, I met Vickie from Dinky Babies.  She has the cutest doll patterns ever.  Her booth was across from ours, so I spent the entire market staring at them.  haha.  I just had to have one!  And since I have never done any sort of soft sculpting before, it took awhile.  And a lot of help from my mother, who I'm pretty sure is so tired of having me crash at her house every moment my sewing machine comes out.

Cute little belly button!
It turned out pretty good! I need to make a different nightgown or something, so it doesn't blend in so much.

Awhile ago, I came across Sew Sweet Patterns, a little pattern shop on Etsy.  They are a mother/daughter team too! I love that.  I love their patterns because they take 2.5 seconds to make, and I don't need my mother to help me finish it.  (that might not be entirely true, as I just realized she gave me some cute snaps for the back of the dress)

And I had to use Sarah Jane fabric (Michael Miller).  I'm totally obsessed with anything Sarah Jane.  I could have bought the entire bolt in the entire line.  I'm not *that* crazy.

Anyway,  she looked sooo sweet.  I couldn't find any sort of white leggings.   Which seemed like a normal request.  I'm still on the lookout for some, actually.  But in the mean time, I whipped out some baby legs out of white socks I had at the back of my closet.  I love this tutorial by Little Birdie's Nest.

And my mother made her the most adorable knitted sweater and hat I have ever seen.  I wish I could knit like my mother.  I can do the whole knit/purl thing, barely, but I'm not even 1/3 of the way finished with the scarf I started over a year ago.

She also made the boy this darling hat.  They both adore hats.  He never takes it off!

I really want to make this balloon wreathe, but I had no time.  Next birthday for sure.  What a fun tradition!  That was found via pinterest.  This is an addiction for me.  I've even started a "wreath" board.  It's getting ridiculous.

2 comments:

  1. I need a pattern for a really cute advent calendar that I can make and use for years to come! Have you thought about that at all?

    ReplyDelete

We love reading your comments!